Kendig Keast Collaborative’s expertise in planning, plan implementation, and design adds value to special studies, visioning exercises, and community branding efforts. Our principals and senior staff have also provided expert testimony for legislative and quasi-judicial proceedings and expert witness services for land use litigation (including strategic assessment, expert witness reports that conform to state and federal rules, attending depositions, and providing testimony in court).
- Growth Assessments and Strategy Papers to help communities understand the implications of rapid growth and/or haphazard development patterns, assess their fiscal and service capacity to accommodate such trends, and consider their statutory authorities and options for managing the location, timing, and nature of this growth in ways that promote efficient, fiscally responsible public investment decisions.
- Demographic and Socioeconomic Studies to identify historic trends and project future patterns for population, housing, community health, age, education, commuting, income, race and ethnicity, and employment.
- Facilitation of Visioning Processes to identify and clarify community aspirations and concerns about the potential pace and direction of change, and to encourage “big picture” thinking while knowing when to introduce “reality checks” into community and stakeholder discussions.
- Branding that ties in the community’s sense of place and creates a distinct “signature” in the form of advertising (direct mail, signage, e-blasts, display ads), graphic design (iconography, color palette, page layout), and vocabulary (titles, taglines, wordmarks).
- Expert Testimony and Analysis for public, private, and civic sector interests in the development of public policy, the development approval process, and in land use, zoning, and development-related litigation.